Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy in Dallas, TX
If you need spine surgery, don’t wait to see a specialist. For patients in the Dallas area, the team at Texas Spine Associates is here to help. Our spine surgeons are all members of the North American Spine Society and have been performing safe and effective Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy since 2012. Our surgeons have utilized this technique to prevent patients from undergoing more invasive and traditional procedures. Contact us today to schedule an appointment in Arlington, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Granbury, Irving, Southlake, or Weatherford.
What Is Minimally-Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy?
Minimally-Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat herniated discs. During the procedure herniated disc material that is causing pressure on the spinal nerves are removed through < 1 inch incision utilizing minimally invasive retractors and microscopic visualization.
What Are the Benefits of Minimally-Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy?
- Less damage to surrounding muscle and soft tissues
- Decreased blood loss
- Decreased pain and reduced need for pain medication
- Quicker recovery and faster return to regular activities
- Shorter hospital stays
- Many procedures can be performed as outpatient surgery
- Decreased risk of postoperative infection
What Should I Expect After Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy?
- Patients routinely experience a dramatic reduction in their leg pain. If the nerve has been irritated for a long time before surgery, then a more gradual reduction of the leg pain is to be expected. As the nerve heals, you may experience tingling or a warm feeling. Numbness in the leg/foot experienced before surgery is often the symptom which takes the longest to resolve.
- Back pain associated with the incision is largely improved within two to three weeks. Increased pain with prolonged sitting and driving is also expected.
Candidates for Minimally Invasive Surgery
At Texas Spine Associates, Dr. Shah, Dr. Patel, and Dr. Happ will work with you diligently to determine your best treatment options. We will take the time to educate you and answer your questions. We believe in engaging our patients to empower them to make the best decision to suit their condition.
To see if you are a candidate for Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy or to learn your options for lumbar surgery, please contact Texas Spine Associates at (972) 987-0969 and schedule an in-office consultation. We have offices in Arlington, Cleburne, Fort Worth, Flower Mound, Granbury, Irving, North Irving, Southlake, and Weatherford, TX.